Warning: Avoiding A ‘Vision Statement’ Is Detrimental To Your Success.
1. Business Objective: Housekeeping, maintenance app.
- Hotel housekeeping tablet – smartphone and desktop app to photograph room maintenance issues and type brief explanation text message. Using the app an employee inspects a room. Prior to moving on to the next room, the employee uses the app to submit a report. Assuming no problems are identified report submission automatically releases the room to reception staff.
2. Users and benefits
- The report data is sent wirelessly to a SharePoint Online list.
- Data is submitted to rooms folder, and stored within that folder is a folder for each room.
- Within the rooms folder a new dated folder is automatically created.
- Upon report submission, the data is saved to a newly created dated folder.
- Management and or maintenance staff are alerted by email and authorisation decisions to repair or instigate further investigations are determined at this stage.
3. Key factors used to judge the quality
- If repairs are within a specified financial cost, automated authorisation is granted, and maintenance staff are immediately assigned.
- Maintenance staff carry out repairs and using the app submit text and or photographic evidence of repair. The report is submitted to the originating SharePoint folder.
- Housekeeping is automatically notified by email.
- The housekeeper makes a visual room inspection.
- Using the app, the housekeeper can either initiate further work or approve repairs.
- Approval immediately releases the room to reception staff.
4. Key features and technology.
- The app must be intuitive for users to use.
- App functionality style should be familiar to users to minimise training.
- App seamlessly integrates with Office 365 services.
- The app must have a browser interface.
5. Crucial product factors
- The app data must be secure.
- The app must operate on Apple iOS, Android, Windows devices.
- App must be geographically interdependent (operate nationally & internationally).
- Head office accountancy staff to have remote access to hotel app data.
6. Financials and Other Numbers
- The primary goal is to maximise room revenue.
- A centralised and paperless automated room maintenance workflow.
- Full audit trail (room maintenance history).
- Room data reports should identify room turnaround times.
- Reports must indicate room maintenance budget implications.
- The app must be rolled out by January 2018.
- The app is expected to be rolled out nationally to 100 staff across multiple sites.
- User Segments
- head office accountant,
- hotel general manager,
- and maintenance.
- Development costs must be under £50k.